Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Very Holy Halloween

So this Halloween we decided to go Catholic! Since this is our last year living in Little Italy, we thought it fitting to take in some Catholic culture for our ward's Halloween party.

I found Dean's kangaroo costume last year at Old Navy and have been waiting with much anticipation for him to wear it this year. He wouldn't put it on until he saw his best bud, Stetson, in his dragon costume. And of course, we can't forget Dawson in his bumble bee costume!




Even though we filled Dean's bucket with candy, all he wanted were the fruitsnacks someone was giving out! Can you tell this kid is addicted? He ate 4 packages for dinner.


Here are a few shots of our favorite costumes worn by our friends in the ward. Starting from top left: Taylor Hall as a foxy peacock, Mark Broadbent as some scary guy from "The Nightmare Before Christmas," Jeremiah Hawkins as a cowboy (really just dressed up as himself), and Lacy Chaffee as the beautiful princess!Dean made friends with Jason Mahoney and had SO much fun being thrown up into the air. I don't think I've ever heard him laugh so hard.

By the way, part of the festivities was having a chili cook-off. We made a Walker family favorite, Creamy White Chili. Thanks to Jon's sister JaNae for the delicious recipe! And yes we won the prize for the best non-traditional chili!!!

5 comments:

(me)linda said...

Yum! That chili sounds good. You should send me the recipe. :) PS- Dean's costume is one of the cutest I've seen. Brenden calls that animal a kangaroof. Makes me laugh.

jillpill said...

Nothing our there like a catholic kangaroo! You all looked great! Happy Halloween!

Kathy said...

I'm sure angels blurred that little baby's eyes when you placed him in the arms of that ghoul. You should give that baby to his nice, old, sweet grandmother who lives up there around Pulleeup!
anonamous

Rachel said...

YAY! You won! Congrats! I love your Catholic Halloween costumes too! Very cute! Dean and Dawson are adorable! I miss having the Ward Halloween party! Calvin has a Tiger costume for this year, but our Ward isn't having a party.. sad.. so we're just going to show him off to the trick-or-treaters! I love reading your blog and miss you guys!

Rochelle said...

Love the costumes! You guys have always been so good at dressing up. i'm such a party pooper. I was actually just looking through our photo albums and came across our first halloween here when you were a disco ball and John was a disco dancer. It brought back all sorts of memories! When do I get to see you again? I miss you.