Sunday, October 12, 2008

McCain/Palin Campaign Rally!!!

When it comes to politics, to say I am obsessed is an understatement! I love discussing, thinking about, and debating everything about politics. You could say it is my hobby. Since we live in a swing state, the presidential candidates actually visit Ohio quite often. We got word of a McCain/Palin Rally in Strongsville this week, so I cancelled my Wednesday patients at the clinic and we went. It was also Caprice's birthday that day...I love her even more for going with me on her birthday.
We left Dean with a babysitter and took Dawson. He slept the entire time!


We met Jean and Judy (die hard McCain fans) while standing in line. The were hilarious to talk to and kept us entertained during all the standing and waiting.

The Secret Service and SWAT team were everywhere standing guard just in case some crazy Obama radical emerged. While standing in line, the crowd just started buzzing and sure enough around the corner came the "Striaght Talk Express". Everyone went crazy! I caught it all on video!


Because the event was moved indoors last minute we actually didn't get in. However...they set up a stage outside and told us that Senator McCain and Governor Palin would come outside and speak to us. We just happend to be in right in the front row close to the stage! Here is Sarah Palin addressing the crowd.

Only one word describes her...AMAZING! Caprice is aware of the fact that I have a crush!

They walked down the row and shook everyone's hands. With all the craziness and while trying to take pictures, I came up a few inches short of shaking McCain's hand.

It was one heck of a rally! We had a great time and I would go again if I had the chance. Now don't forget to vote McCain/Palin in November! If you have any doubts or you are a democrat...come see me immediately!!!

7 comments:

jillpill said...

Jon and Caprice you are die hards! I love it. I must admit, just looking at your pictures makes me claustrophobic. Now add the claustrophobia to my distaste of politics and I think I would have had a seizure! I'm glad one of us can handle excitement. I'm so glad you had fun! Don't you worry though...I have registered to vote and will vote correctly-I promise!

(me)linda said...

Where did you get your shirt Caprice? It's CUTE!

The White Family said...

Now that is commitment. Canceling patients to go to a rally! Let's just hope Dr. Teich doesn't find out about it. Jon, you and you crushes, although Caprice does look a bit like Gov. Palin don't you think?

Rachel Holloway said...

So, I don't know if I quite caught who I should vote for...

jk!

You guys are WAY intense! WOW! I have to say, I really was excited when Sarah Palin was brought into the campaign, but honestly the way she talks drives me up the WALL! :)

Becky Slivka said...

Okay, politics whatever. I want to see on the blog a topless picture of Jonathan after doing the P90X. I hear you are down to a waist size 27 or something. (this is Matt-not Becky--my wife doesn't care about Jonathan's abs)

Laura said...

We absolutely love the McCain/Palin team too! So no need to convince us to vote!

Ardith said...

Jon & Caprice,
What great pictures! You all look so great. I love all the costumes. Good job guys. I will be spending Halloween in Kimberly as your Dad will be fishing up in Salmon w/Dr. Taylor Friday & Sat. Steve & Jill will be doing the big move on Sat. also. We miss you guys. Give those boys a hug for us. Love, Mom