Monday, October 13, 2008

The Beautiful Town of Chagrin Falls

The lovely ladies we met at the campaign rally, Judy and Jean, live in a little town called Chagrin Falls, and they couldn't say enough fun things about it, so on Saturday we decided to check it out. It was a beautiful day (especially nice for October in Ohio), and the 45-minute drive through the back streets was equally lovely. (Sidenote: Lately, I have been noticing all the things about Cleveland and its surrounding areas that I will actually miss when we move in 8 months, and the fall colors definitely fit into that category - fall is a gorgeous season out here!)

Anyway, back to my story:
I felt like we should've been extras in a movie while we walked around town. It was so quaint and family-friendly. I didn't even dare count the number of strollers we saw. All the stores were locally owned and decorated for the fall. It even had a popcorn/ice cream shop!

One of the highlights of the day was when we found the Republican headquarters of the town. Jonathan wanted to stop in to see if they had any bumper stickers for free, which I said if he got, would NOT be allowed on the car (I've been through enough political bumper stickers to last me forever!). They didn't have any for free, but don't fret, in a later post you will see that he finally did get one. BUT, they did have a Sarah Palin look-a-like contest and all you had to do was put on a silly wig and glasses, so I thought, what the heck? I could win some pretty good prizes. I will warn you, I look completely ridiculous, but so did everyone else. Maybe I'll be the least ridiculous-looking and actually win! I am doing her signature wave...All in all, we had a wonderful day taking in the sights of small-town life. Posted below are some fun pics we took of the townspeople - a father and son enjoying ice cream over the falls, a biker with his beloved dog Henry, and families feeding the ducks.

Dean also had fun playing on the big toy. It's so fun to watch him play and hear all the other moms tell their children to "watch out for the little boy." I want to say back "Don't worry, he may only look like he's 1, but he's a tough 2-year-old who biffs it on pavement almost every day."

Dawson also had good time laughing with his Daddy.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I wish we had gone there on one of our visits, it looks great and my favorite treat is popcorn and ice cream. xoxoxmom/kat

Hilarie* said...

What cute little smiles that little babe has. Super cute!!! I love your hair cut too. Very mature looking!

Shamaine said...

Sounds like it was a cute fun town. Both of your kids are SO cute!

Telitha said...

Dawson and Dean are adorable! I love that you went to the McCain rally!