Saturday, February 14, 2009

What a Lovely Day!

Jonathan and I had a wonderful Valentine's Day! First, we slept in (thank you boys!) then tried to work out but Dean didn't like that idea too much so we gave up half-way through. Then, we got to have our favorite little cowboy, Stetson, over to babysit while his parents had their V-day outing. Lastly, it was our turn to party. The Chaffees took the boys for us and we went to see "He's Just Not That Into You" at the theaters. Our recommendation: don't waste the money! It was pretty bad, even with all the good actors in it. To make up for the bad flick, we had dinner at our all-time favorite restaurant, Red Robin. Jonathan enjoyed the California Chicken Burger while I scarfed down the Whiskey River BBQ Chicken Wrap.
Yesterday I got a call from my sister and she made me really jealous by saying she was frosting sugar cookies, one of our family's favorites. So I decided I needed to make some too. Here are some of my favorites that I was pretty proud of:
And of course, my favorite:
Finally, I must brag about my awesome husband. I told him that all I wanted for Valentine's Day was a clean stove. Well, I got that on Thursday while I was out at an enrichment activity, and then at dinner tonight he surprised me with a gift certificate for an hour long massage! He sure knows the way to my heart: cleanliness and pampering! Thank you sweetie, I love you.

3 comments:

Monique said...

Don't worry Cappy! You'll be making suger cookies with us for Dad for Father's Day. Then we can go to my house and play Guitar Hero World Tour!!!!!!!! It's our fun purchase with our tax refund. BTW, you look great! Congrats on working out for 5 weeks. I hate it, but I love it!

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

cute caprice! I am excited about the cruise!

Miriam said...

Sorry about the movie, I wanted to see that one...and I am so jealous of the massage! But to be fair to Damon, he rubs my back quite often. Glad you had a great love day!