-Grocery stores that have car carts. Unfortunately, we couldn't find one today so Dawson in his carseat had the top spot in the cart and Dean switched between sitting in the cart by the food and walking. That was just the tip of the iceberg...
-Nice people that tell me what isle Dean has run down
-Giant Eagle worker who cleaned up the glass jar of salsa Dean threw out of the cart after I finally caught him on the other side of the store
-Another nice lady who had her son chase down Dean for me in the frozen food isle
-Carissa Poyfair who chatted with me for a minute in the store and helped me calm down
-Another understanding Giant Eagle worker who cleaned up a SECOND glass jar of salsa that Dean threw out of the cart while we were in the checkout isle
-All the understanding parents in the store that were nice and didn't give me the "can't you control your devil child" look
-Knowing that I survived the ultimate shopping trip from you-know-where and knowing I will never try that again by myself
-Dawson, who slept threw the whole thing!!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Oh man...I'm feelin your pain. Give yourself time. It'll get better. Then again...just when I had shopping with two down, here came baby #3. Kids keep us on our toes don't they. :) We only have two hands here people!!
Caprice, I am so sorry! We've all been there. I thought I would kill my kids in Costco today! GRRRRR! No jars were broken but Colby did find it fun to balance-standing on a jar of peanuts in the back of the cart. If I had not seen him before I moved the cart...his head would have been broken on the cement floor. Two year-olds! Can't control them, but can't not love and adore them! I wish I had some wise advice to give you...but ask my mom, my kids are OUT OF CONTROL!!!! Hang in there!
Oh Caprice, I am so sorry! My heart just sank as I read your post, and then more as I kept reading. Dang those kids in stores-- and at church! I do have to say to Jon with a lot of sarcasm in my voice "My kid will never act like that!" Ha Ha Ha! I am glad you saw your friend in the store for moral support! Always helps! Thinking of you--been there, done that! My youngest two could definitely compete!
Way to put a positive spin on it, there is always something to be thankful for, right?!?! I miss you guys so much, we need to catch up soon!
Very funny story indeed! The only consolation I can give is that he has three cousins here whom are driving their moms crazy too. Sounds like there are some on Jonathan's side as well. So you are not alone. Remember mommy's favorite two words, "oh well"
xoxoxomom
What an excursion, wait until they both want to get out and walk around the grocery store - it's a disaster. Isaac spilled a bottle of cranberry juice last week, so I feel your pain. It did make me laugh though. And I laughed at your wishing you had an attached garage - I remember that being the only draw back to your apartment, if it makes you feel better, we still don't have a garage, or a house for that matter. But one day . . .
Yikes! Are we going to survive this two-year-old stage?! Sorry you had a nightmare shopping trip. I promise that when I get back, Dean can come play at our house any time you need to go grocery shopping. :)
sounds like an adventure!! i guess i should really enjoy my time shopping with just one baby!! your kids are sooo cute though. we just got your card, thank you so much!!
Post a Comment