Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dawson Alex Walker

Dawson Alex was born August 6th at 6:18 in the evening. He is 8lbs. 6oz. and 20 inches long. Caprice was admitted to the hospital for induction at 7a.m. They started her on pitocin 10:00. She had good steady contractions most of the day. At 3:30 she got an epidural and slept for a couple of hours. At 6:00 Dr. Ashby came in to check her and had her push. Dawson came right down and surprised us! Everyone rushed to get the cart ready because he was coming! Caprice pushed for 7 minutes and Dawson was born! We thought he looked exactly like Dean when he first came out, but definately looks different now and has a look of his own. Because he came so fast, he had a little fluid still in his lungs and was grunting instead of crying. After a couple of hours, they decided to take him to the NICU, but he only needed to be there for 2 hours. Thank you Kelby for coming to the hospital and helping me give Dawson a blessing! Mom and baby are now doing great! We are so happy and excited to have another good looking addition to the family.





Thank you to all for your votes for his middle name. We almost went with McKay, but then decided to name him in honor of his great grandma Alice who was also born on August 6th.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! Congrats on the baby. He is sure handsome. Wish you the best!!
XOXO
The Walker's

Rachel Holloway said...

Congrats! What a beautiful little boy! It is amazing to look back and remember how SMALL they are!!! Your wife looks amazing! WOW...why didn't I ever look like that after having a baby??

Andrea said...

Congrats guys! He looks like Dean to me.

Janene said...

Congratulations!! I love his name. He looks like a big chunky/healthy guy. Caprice, you look so pretty in the hospital--nice job on only pushing for 7 minutes. Best of luck with two!

Miriam said...

Yeah! Myah's little buddy is finally here, and he weighed exactly the same amount as Myah but he's a 1/2 inch longer. Caprice, I don't know how you did it...pushing for only 7 min! And you look so gorgeous!!! Seriously! I'm so happy for you and glad your mom is here for a while. Let me know if you need anything! I am so so happy for you!

LafeNLacy said...

Hooray!! We're so excited for you. We had such a great time with Dean yesterday. Stetson has been a big grouch without him today. I'm so glad that everything went well. I can't wait to see this little guy in person.

Shamaine said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys! Very cute boy.

Kylee said...

Congrats guys!! he is a cutie!!!

Amy said...

Congratulations!! He's beautiful. I love the middle name :) You guys look great. Good luck with all your new adventures.

H.Cook said...

Hooray, congratulations!!!! Caprice looks glowing and gorgeous. And Dawson is so cute and chubby and perfect. I am so happy things went well. I hope to see him in person someday soon.

J.J. said...

Jon and Caprice--we are so excited for your little family! Dawson is beautiful! I keep looking and looking at your pictures. The first time you hold and love that baby is the best. We can't wait to meet him--hopefully sooner rather than later! Keep posting! Love You, JaNae

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Kudos to Caprice....8lbs 6 oz! Your boys are so handsome. We love our little team of boys! Best of luck! The Sermons

Rachel said...

Caprice, you look fantastic for just pushing out a baby over 8 pounds! I had a C-section and didn't look that good! But Dawson looks adorable and I know Dean will love being a big brother! Congrats!

Carissa Poyfair said...

So, Caprice, can I please look as cute as you do in a hospital gown after pushing out an 8 lb baby? Dawson is so cute and I love the middle name Alex. It fits so well. Congrats on your cute little boy! We're so happy for you!

Unknown said...

Yeah for baby boys!! He is beautiful Caprice!! Bodie and I can't wait to see him. 7 minutes of pushing?! That's awesome!!

Laura said...

Congratulations you guys!! Dawson is a handsome little man.