What a week we've been having. 5 out of the 6 Pettit daughters (we miss you Lisha!) are here in town for a little reunion. That makes 2 wonderful parents, 5 daughters with their husbands, and 13 grandkids. There have been a few days where we're all in the house together and let me tell you, it's absolute mayhem!! But we're having fun, and doing tons of stuff.
On Sunday, we all went to my sister Brittany's ward because she blessed her new baby Duke. Surprisingly, Jon got a pretty good shot of both the boys.
We got to take all the kids to a friend's house to ride her horse. I couldn't believe that Dean actually got on! Jonathan kind of forced him, but once he was up there he calmed right down and really enjoyed it.
Then (I know you're all getting jealous about all this fun stuff), my mom set up a slip 'n' slide in our backyard along with some blow-up pools. Dean went down it once with Jonathan but didn't love it, so he just walked down it with his lawn mower. I had been so excited to participate in the slip n slide competitions we had, but since I had gotten in a car accident the day before, my neck was a little out so I thought maybe I shouldn't make it any worse by throwing myself down wet plastic.
Jonathan, on the other hand, had a blast and even won the "longest slide off of the plastic" competition. He attempted many different ways to slide down.
I just hung out with my bro-in-law Neil by the kiddie pool.
There's Jonathan catching some sweet air.
On Monday we helped all the kids make tie-dye shirts and then we all wore them to Seattle yesterday. I thought it would be a little dorky, but it was really fun that we were all wearing the same thing. We got a lot of funny looks from people, though! Here is Dean stripping to help out with the dye.
In Seattle, we walked around Pike's Place Market and then took the kids to the Seattle Children's Museum, which I'm sorry to say blasts Cleveland Children's Museum right out of the water! Too bad Dean screamed for most of the time and couldn't really enjoy the museum. (surprise, surprise)


There's the "balloon man" in Seattle that will make any kind of balloon thing you want. Everytime we go to Seattle the kids get balloon animals, and this time Dean got a "dimomaur" (dinosaur) hat.




6 comments:
Love the tie dye! I would love to see video of the slip-n-slide contest... It sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. Is your neck okay? How about your car?
Sound like you're having a lot of fun...I love family reunions! I was thinking about when you and Jon were dating (back when we lived in Royal Crest) and now you have two children! Love the pictures, your kids are so cute!
love the tie dye shirts! and jonathan's air shots! so fun!
Great shots of kids and Jonathan. Little Dawson reminds me so much of Jon. Hope his #1 birthday was fun. Caprice, tell us more about the accident. We are so glad you are ok. Love ya tons, Mom
That looks like a ton of fun! Way to get out there and play with the kids Johnathen!! Looks like you all had a great time! I miss seeing you and Mo. We definately need to plan our roommate reunion!!
How fun! I am totally trying out the Seattle Children's Museum soon. We haven't been up to Seattle yet. I love the tye died shirts, by the way!
Post a Comment