Dawson turned 1 last week. It's hard to imagine that a whole year has passed. He was born on August 6, 2008, after 8 hours of induction (a much better labor than his older brother). When he came out, I kept saying "he's so small!" much to the nurses' amusement because he ended up weighing 8lbs, 6oz. I guess I wasn't used to newborns. He was the sweetest baby I could have hoped for, and I just can't get enough of his huge smiles. We love our "Baby Daw" so much!
His birthday was pretty laid back, since I don't really do parties this early, but we did have a combined birthday with two of his cousins so that made it a little more fun. Here he is with his cupcake. He tried to grab the burning candle because smart mommy put it right on his tray. yikes...

He pretty much devoured the entire cupcake in just a few minutes.
He got a few fun presents, mostly clothes and some trucks that he doesn't play with, yet.

I think this guitar outfit might be my all-time favorite. I have a little rocker dude!

Auntie Autumn took some 1-year shots of him. He wasn't too cooperative, but we managed to get one adorable shot.



He just kept crawling toward the camera, or the hose, or the sprinkler, all of which were more fun than sitting still for pictures. What can you expect from a 1-year-old?




7 comments:
Happy, happy birthday Dawson! You are one handsome guy. I miss you!
Happy Birthday Dawson! You are one adorable kid! ..you come by it naturally though!
Hey, I just pulled out old pictures of Jon at 1 yr. They look alot alike. Cute, cute boy. Happy Birthday Dawson.
Happy Birthday! What a handsome boy! We can't believe he is ONE! Good Job snarfing down that yummy cupcake! :)
We are so glad he is part of your little family. The pictures that Autumn took are so great! We are happy you are surrounded by your fun sisters!
Happy Birthday Dawson! He's so cute Caprice!
I love the picture of him in the wicker chair! He is so cute. That guitar outfit is pretty awesome. Happy birthday Dawson!
Happy Birthday Dawson!! What a cute one year old he is!
Post a Comment