Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Festivities

Our 4th of July weekend started off with some household chores. Dean helped Grandma Kathy wash the windows (I'm not sure if it's "help" or "hinder" but whatever...)
Then we spent the morning with the Minettos (my twin sister's family) at Dash Point, a little beach/seaweed area on the Puget Sound.
As I said before, beach/seaweed, emphasis on the seaweed.
Here are the wee ones, Dawson and his cousin Lincoln.
Here I am with my most favorite twin sister ever Moey.

Here is a picture for the memory books: Dean walking hand in hand with Grandma along the beach.
Jonathan's stab at photography.
Dean followed Roman's lead and laid in the sand for a while.
And now for the exciting part!!!! Not really. We had planned on putting the kiddies to bed and going to a fireworks show, but around 7pm we decided we were too tired to wait until dark (I know, we're lame old people already!) So Jonathan and Neil went to buy a few little fireworks for the kiddies. We ended up putting on a piddly little show for Dean, Roman, and the 4 little boys next door. It was a fireworks show to remember! :-)
I love this picture of my boys. Jon's teacher at school used to call Dean "Jon's mini-me." It's pretty accurate minus my nose and Jonathan's new chin!
Dean waved around a flag while Daddy did the sparkler.
And here's the big audience for the 10 minute show. You know, it was still fun to see the kids having a good time. I guess that's what parenthood is all about.

3 comments:

(me)linda said...

I didn't know you were a twin. Double the beautiful! I always thought it would be fun to be a twin. Mostly to confuse people. Is that bad? Please tell me you took advantage of that!

Rochelle said...

so so fun! i bet you are loving having all of your family around... especially monique. i'm terribly jealous. it's been pretty lonely here in cleveland without all of our best friends. i have high hopes that it will get better with time! are you still coming in october?

LafeNLacy said...

I'm glad you had a great 4th of July. I was shocked by how old Dean looks! It's been far too long. Isn't it fall already?