In one corner we have the defending champion: Dean Bradley Walker

In the other corner we have the contender: the kitchen table chair.

The winner: table chair ... ouch! I didn't see Dean hit the chair, but when I picked him up he had blood rushing down his face. Good thing my sister Monique was over because I totally panicked. We packed all 4 kiddies in my van and Monique drove us to the doctor. Then my other sister Shelby came and sat in the waiting room with the babies so Roman, Dean's cousin, could come in the exam room with us. (My sisters are amazing - I love them).
Dean is really at the worst age possible to be able to hold still, so that didn't happen at all. I was EXHAUSTED by the time we got home from holding him down. It took me and 3 other nurses to hold him while the doctor stitched him up.

I feel like I have finally reached status of "mother of a boy." Dean's had plenty of bruises and dents in his forehead, but these are the first stitches. When we got home and he saw himself in the mirror, that's when he finally wanted to put a band-aid on. Then he realized his stitches look like a spider, so he points to it and says "Look at this! Spiderman!"

And here is evidence of the spilt blood Eww.

He's been very good today about not picking at the stitches like he was doing last night, and I'm proud of him for being able to put on his own band-aids, even though he totally misses the stitches. :-)




7 comments:
aw. poor dean. no worries though...he looks cool still! glad he is ok! i hate falls.
That wasn't a battle, it was a war! Holy cow! Poor little noggin.
sheesh! i'm glad dean has taken henry's share of head bonks. (although, henry has fallen down the stairs twice since we moved. you should have seen the triple axle he did on his head...)
Poor guy. I hate it when the chair wins!
Ouch! I'm just waiting for that to happen to Addi. Oh, and by the way, I am now stalking you! Not really, I just added you guys to my blog roll to check out your blog. I thought I would tell you incase you thought I was stalking you!
Poor boy! We miss Dean. Shealee was just saying yesterday that she misses her friends in Ohio. My mom asked her who she missed the most. She said Kyla and Dean. I hope everyhing is going well for you guys. We need to chat and catch up!
Seriously, your family is so darling in that family picture (and your hair is so cute). I think your boys are adorable, it's been awhile since I've done any checking in. SOrry about the stitches, amazingly enough we are still scotch free, but when Isaac finally biffs it, it will be big. And congrats to Dr. Walker!
Post a Comment